The Game Chamber is a partnership between two long-time gamers – Tim Brown and Cecil Merriam. Both of us have been involved in gaming since our teenage years and enjoy all segments of the industry. We have visited game stores all over south-western Ontario – and other parts of the world in Cecil’s case – and always seem to find something missing no matter where we go. Almost every store would have aspects that we liked, but none had everything we wanted to see in a Friendly Local Game Store (FLGS).
When the chance presented itself to open our own store we reviewed everything we had seen and put together a list of what we wanted to include in our new venture. This list includes but is certainly not limited to:
- availability of a wide selection of gaming products and supplies
- a large, clean, well-lit gaming area
- a selection of good looking terrain
- a clean bathroom
- a customer reward program
- friendly, knowledgeable, supportive staff
- availability of snacks and drinks – some of them healthy
- free parking
- easy access by car and bus
- regular gaming events including tournaments
- evening hours so people can go to game after supper
- a private room where a group of friends can play without interruption
The Game Chamber plans to offer all these things. If at any time we fall down on the job and fail to meet our customers expectations, we hope you will tell us so we can make things right.